The Advanced Propulsion Centre (APC) has £20 million to invest in technologies that support the development of low carbon propulsion technology in the UK and anchor a next-generation supply chain.
The APC is particularly looking for projects that support the UK’s long-term capabilities and supply chain in the design, build and manufacture of low-emission vehicle technologies.
Projects must help make capabilities a permanent part of the UK supply chain. They must be in the following areas:
- alternative propulsion systems
- electric machines and power electronics
- energy storage and energy management
- lightweight vehicle and powertrain structures
- thermal propulsion systems
Projects must have a proven technology concept and demonstrate that there is a clear route to market. The primary technology application must be automotive.
- the competition opens on 6 August 2018 and the deadline for applications is midday on 3 October 2018
- projects must be led by a business working in partnership with others, and must include an SME and a vehicle manufacturer or tier 1 supplier
- total project costs should range between £5 million and £40 million. They can last between 18 and 42 months
- organisations could attract up to 70% of their project costs
- a briefing event will be held on 16 August 2018 for advice on applying for APC funding
For more information and to apply for funding follow the link below:Back to News